Ocean West Management Services is a full-service real estate company that owns, acquires, develops and manages office, retail and multi-family properties throughout the United States. The project building, Two California Plaza, is one of two iconic skyline buildings in the beautiful California Plaza located on the historical Bunker Hill in Los Angeles. Two California Plaza earned LEED® Platinum Certification for Existing Buildings, Operations and Maintenance, from the U.S. Green Building Council in October 2013. LEED is the nation’s preeminent program for the design, construction and operations of high performance green buildings. As a result of this LEED project, Ocean West was able to maximize the energy, water, and resource efficiency at Two California Plaza while striving to improve indoor air quality and minimize the building’s environmental impact. With this certification, Two California Plaza became one of the first 50 existing buildings to certify LEED Platinum in all of California, and one of the first ten to certify in Los Angeles County.
- ENERGY STAR rating of 95
- Implementation of energy conservation measures projected to save 1,269,532 kWh annually
- 62.5% of annual energy-related emissions diverted with the acquisition of Renewable Energy Credits
- Low-flow water fixtures resulting in over 30% water use reduction
- Advanced recycling program to properly dispose of batteries, e-waste, and other hazardous materials.
- Lobby Renovation with over 50% sustainable purchases
- Implementation of Green Education for building occupants and visitors
- Improved diversion of landfill-bound waste by over 80%
Healthy Buildings’ Role
Healthy Buildings served as the LEED consulting team for Two California Plaza. Aside from the general LEED certification process, Healthy Buildings provided technical services to meet and document difficult prerequisites including; Energy & Atmosphere prerequisite 1 and credits 2.1 – 2.3 by conducting an ASHRAE lvl 1 audit and building retro-commissioning as well as performing ventilation testing to meet the requirements of Indoor Environmental Quality prerequisite 1. Healthy Buildings also performs annual Indoor Air Quality Proactive Inspections at 350 S. Grand Ave.
350 S. Grand Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90017
LEED Platinum – EBO&M v2009
53 Stories, 1.5M SF