Mr. Ritschel is the Regional Manager for the Energy & Resources and Testing & Diagnostics groups in the Northern California region. Joel has an extensive knowledge of indoor environments as it relates to the commercial building sector and has more than nine years of experience in the fields of sustainability, energy auditing, commissioning existing and new construction building systems, and LEED program consulting. He is skilled in preparing design and construction documents, subcontractor coordination, and has an abundance of on-site field work experience. Mr. Ritschel has worked as a project manager on hundreds of commercial real estate sustainability and energy projects for many of the nation’s most renowned real estate companies.
Joel’s professional accreditation’s including LEED AP, Certified Building Commissioning Profession, Certified Energy Auditor, Renewable Energy Professional and Multi Family Building Analyst, distinguish him as a leader in multiple disciplines within the energy and sustainability sectors. He is skilled in helping LEED project teams achieve the most technical of credits ensuring the highest possible certification level. Additionally, Joel has extensive experience in performing commercial energy audits, new construction commissioning, existing building retro and re-commissioning, and overseeing systems upgrades of commercial, institutional and multifamily residential buildings. His technical skill set and forward thinking approach make him an integral part of the Healthy Buildings team.
- CBCP, Certified Building Commissioning (Cx) Professional, Association of Energy Engineers
- MFBA, Certified Multi Family Building Auditor, Building Performance Institute
- REP, Renewable Energy Professional, Association of Energy Engineers
- CEA, Certified Energy Auditor, Association of Energy Engineers
- LEED® Accredited Professional, Existing Buildings (EB), United States Green Building Council
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Energy Star Trainer
- Member US Green Building Council (USGBC)
- Member of US Green Building Council National Capital Region Chapter
- Bachelors of Science, Biology, Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania