As CEO of Healthy Buildings, Mr. Turner is responsible for overall corporate governance and oversight of the company. He joined Healthy Buildings in 1987 after sales and research experience in the UK and South Africa in the fields of lung pharmaceuticals and air pollution. In 1994, Turner moved to Southern California to found Healthy Buildings’ Western Regional office. Turner became CEO of the company in March of 2006.
Turner has managed comprehensive indoor air quality inspections of many hundreds of major buildings during his tenure with Healthy Buildings. He has particularly extensive experience in Legionella bacteria in water systems in the diagnosis of mold in a wide variety of commercial, residential and industrial buildings, including as an expert in major, highly complex mold-related litigation projects. Turner co-wrote the IAQ test method used by various USGBC LEED programs. Turner was named BOMA Orange County Professional Member of the Year in 2006, was recipient of the BOMA Orange County President’s Award in 2011, and Allied Member of the Year in 2013. He is on various USGBC technical and steering committees.
- LEED® Accredited Professional in Commercial Interiors
- WELL Accredited Professional
- HND in Applied Biology, Nottingham City University
- Member of the Government Affairs Committee and a Committee Member of BOMA California.
- Member of the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA), and the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, Inc. (ASHRAE)