Gas Company Tower
Los Angeles, CA
MPG Office Trust, Inc. is one of the largest owners and operator of Class A office properties in the Los Angeles central business district and is primarily focused on owning and operating high-quality office properties in the Southern California market. With a mission to provide tenants with rewarding, productive environments, MPG Office Trust has retained Healthy Buildings to facilitate LEED EB:O+M certification in several assets and operates our signature proactive indoor air quality program in their entire portfolio since 2005.
Healthy Buildings’ Role
The Gas Company Tower is a 1.3 million square foot, 50 story tower situated in the heart of Los Angeles. Designed to accommodate its anchor tenant, the Southern California Gas Company, environmental considerations are paramount. Healthy Buildings administered the LEED EB:O+M program for this building, including ventilation testing to meet ASHRAE Std. 62.1, retro-commissioning of the building’s energy-consuming systems, and providing an IAQ Management Program.
- LEED Gold certification was awarded in September 2010.
- ENERGY STAR rating of 89 ranks the building among the best in the country.
- An annual Indoor Air Quality Monitoring program has been in place since 2005.
- The retro-commissioning process helps ensure ongoing efficient building operations.
- Management maintains on-call IAQ and industrial hygiene testing as required.