Vice President, Energy & Resources
Brian Wilson is the Vice President, Energy & Resources of Healthy Buildings’ Sustainability and Energy & Resources Groups. He oversees both the Sustainability and Energy & Resources Groups, maintaining responsibility for all operations and sales activities throughout the country. Mr. Wilson has been a Healthy Buildings Team member since 2002 and his responsibilities have included conducting onsite audits, developing new service offerings, managing projects, and developing business. He has extensive knowledge of sustainability principles, HVAC mechanical systems, and indoor environmental quality as they relate to constructing and operating commercial, public, institutional, and residential buildings. He has over 14 years of experience successfully managing projects, overseeing sub-contractors, and working within limited budget constraints typical of environmental efforts.
At Healthy Buildings, Mr. Wilson develops and oversees sustainability and energy efficiency projects throughout the country to include energy assessments, LEED® certification, ENERGY STAR, building systems commissioning, retro-commissioning, resource management, and indoor environmental quality. A small sample of projects include: MPG Office Trust – 777 Tower, Gas Company Tower, One Cal Plaza, US Bank Tower; BRE – Wilshire La Brea; PM Realty Group – Xerox Centre, Union Bank Square; Emmes – The Michelson; EdgeCore – Wateridge Plaza and San Diego Tech Center. He has managed over sixty successful projects to earn technical LEED®credits.
Mr. Wilson initiates and implements partnership opportunities with industry leaders throughout the country. In 2011, Brian was integral in establishing Healthy Buildings as an approved vendor for the Los Angeles Commercial Building Partnership Program (LACBPP) which provided energy audits to customers in LA. He oversaw the assessment of nearly 4 M square feet of commercial and studio space, to include Level I-III energy audits. Brian continues to implement utility programs to maximize rebates and incentives for our clients’ energy efficiency projects.
- LEED® Accredited Professional in Building Design & Construction (BD+C)
- LEED® Accredited Professional in Operations & Maintenance (O+M)
- Certified Homes Energy Efficiency System (HERS) Rater
- Bachelors of Environmental Science, University of Virginia
- Member of the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) Los Angeles, Sustainability Committee
- Member of the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) Orange County, Education Committee
- Member of the U.S. Green Building Council, San Diego and Orange County chapters
- Member of the U.S. Green Building Council, Los Angeles, Existing Buildings Committee